Operations Manager - Battersea Park Children's Zoo
Main Role and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager is principally responsible for the management and development of the front of house operations at Battersea Park Children's Zoo taking the lead in ensuring all visitors receive a warm welcome and enjoy their time at Battersea Park Children's Zoo.
Previous higher management and team building experience required, together with good organisation skills in terms of time management, administration and workload planning. You will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be a collaborative team worker.
Please note this role does not have any involvement with the animals.
· Motivate members of staff to ensure a smooth efficient daily operation including being ready in all aspects of the zoo (excluding animal dept) for opening time each day including weekends.
· Create a positive working environment for all staff in all depts.
· Provide support, guidance and training for front of house staff with regard to membership enrolment, acceptance of valid vouchers, sales, customer experience for all ages etc.
· Monitor quality standards and procedures by ‘walking the zoo’ at regular intervals throughout the day.
· Responsible for the upkeep of visitor facilities, including all toilets, visitor areas, boats, rides etc.
· To oversee correct usage of the tills in both the retail and coffee shop and kiosk and thus ensuring the daily balances are correct at end of business each day.
· Understand and operate the back-office software and balance with daily till receipts.
· Develop staff telephone skills including sales of adoptions, tickets, bookings etc.
· Liaise with all staff including animal team, retail and catering team, educational team and maintenance team.
· Effectively manage customer queries in a calm professional manner.
· Ensure all incidents and accidents are recorded, investigated and reported to the HR Manager.
· Ensuring all emergency drills are carried out and recorded in line with Health and Safety procedures.
· Overseeing Health and Safety Regulations for employees and visitors.
· Arrange First Aid courses when applicable.
· Liaise with the Partnership Accountant.
· Liaise with HR Manager over any staff concerns for guidance.
· Liaise with Building Team and Animal Curator at New Forest Wildlife Park when required
· Deputizing for senior managers when required.
· Arrange and chair regular staff meetings.
· Maintaining a good working relationship with “Enable” Battersea Park Management team as well as the parks security and police.
· Be a main key holder and responsible for site security as well as unlocking and locking up at the beginning and end of the day.
· Ensuring all deliveries are checked and invoices/ delivery notes are signed off and dealt with according to company policy.
For an application form please email Zoe on firstname.lastname@example.org