Retail and Catering Assistant
We are looking for friendly, hard-working and pro-active applicants to join our Retail and Catering Team.
It is a zero-hours contract job so perfect for anyone looking for flexible working hours.
A typical day starts at 9am and finishes between 5.30-6.00pm in summer, and slightly earlier between 4.30-5.00pm in winter. We are also open 7 days a week, all year round.
You will be joining our small Retail and Catering Team and will be expected to be involved in a variety of duties such as:
- The sale of tickets, toys and souvenirs in our admissions/gift shop;
- The serving of snacks, drinks and sandwiches in the zoo’s ‘Lemon Tree Café’;
- Displaying and rotating stock in both the shop and café;
- Providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that visitors of all ages have a positive experience throughout their visit;
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the zoo’s facilities at all times.
You must be welcoming, helpful and approachable as this job is primarily customer-facing and based around excellent customer service.
You should have experience processing cash and card payments – training on our tills will be provided upon your induction session.
You should be able to work under pressure during our busy periods and be willing to be active throughout the day – this role requires you to spend long periods of time on your feet and to carry stock to different locations on site.
You should be able to offer a minimum of 2 days per week availability, with at least one of these days being a weekend.
Job Type: Part-time - Salary: Minimum Wage dependent on age.
Please 'Download' and save the application to your device before completing.
Application Form - Part 2 - Retail and Catering Assistant
For details on how we process and store your Data, please see the following privacy notice.