Retail and Catering Assistant
BPCZ Retail and Catering Assistant –
We are looking for friendly, hard-working and pro-active applicants to join our Retail and Catering Team.
We offer a range of contracts – zero hours, part-time, full-time and seasonal - so whether you are looking for something that works alongside your studies, or something more permanent, then we could be the place for you!
A typical day starts at 9am and finishes between 5.30-6.00pm in summer, and slightly earlier between 4.30-5.00pm in winter. We are open 7 days a week apart from Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
You will be joining our Retail and Catering Team and will be expected to be involved in a variety of duties such as:
- The sale of tickets, toys and souvenirs in our admissions/gift shop;
- The serving of hot snacks, drinks and sandwiches in the zoo’s ‘Lemon Tree Café’;
- Displaying and rotating stock in both the shop and café;
- Providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that visitors of all ages have a positive experience throughout their visit;
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the zoo’s facilities at all times.
You must be welcoming, helpful and approachable as this job is primarily customer-facing and based around excellent customer service.
You should have experience processing cash and card payments – training on our tills will be provided upon your induction session.
Experience within a food handling environment is an advantage but a willingness to learn is essential.
You should be able to work under pressure during our busy periods and be willing to be active throughout the day – this role requires you to spend long periods of time on your feet and to carry stock to different locations on site.
You should be able to offer a minimum of 2 days per week availability, with at least one of these days being a weekend.
Please see the three forms below and complete both parts of the application form. Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.