Enjoy a memorable day at Battersea Park Children’s Zoo, designed and developed with children in mind.
Minimum school group size: 15 children + accompanying adults
Maximum school group size: 90 children + accompanying adults
We have several options available for schools, nurseries and playgroups:
- Guided school visit (recommended for schools)
- Self-guided school visit including under 3s (only available to nurseries and pre-schools including children under 3 years)
- Non-guided school visit (available to schools, nurseries and pre-schools)
Guided school visit
This is recommended for school groups who wish to take full advantage of all the facilities on offer, which include:
- Zoo guide: An experienced member of staff will meet and greet you, show you to the Treetops Centre to drop and store bags and take you on a conducted tour of the zoo.
- The Treetops Centre: This is made up of two brightly painted cabins, set on a large decked area with picnic tables. The cabins are furnished with tables and benches and are available for your exclusive use.
Our tours cover aspects of the National Curriculum, but if your school has a particular interest or topic that they wish to cover, this can either be mentioned when booking or discussed with your guide upon arrival.
Self-guided school visit (including under 3’s)
This option is only available to pre-schools and nurseries which include children under 3yrs, and includes the following:
- A member of staff will meet and greet the school group upon arrival, explain the Zoo’s health and safety procedures, point out facilities and escort the group to the Treetops Centre.
- Access to the Treetops Centre cabin(s) will be available throughout the visit, but please note that the cabins will not be locked during this time.
Non-guided school visit
This is for school groups who do not require a guided tour but prefer to make their own way around the zoo.
- Payment is processed at the Zoo shop upon entry and schools will be given copies of
- Zoo Do’s, a guideline on behaviour around the zoo. It is recommended that these are read out prior to entry.
- Zoo Map, which gives a layout of the zoo and information on all animal feeding times and talks.
- Animal information boards are located next to every animal enclosure.
- Lunch bags and belongings must be kept with pupils at all times.
- Guided £6.50
- Non-Guided £6.00
- Self Guided including under 3’s £6.25
1 supervising adult is admitted free with every 5 paying school children
Additional adults: £9.95
Children with Special Educational Needs
- Guided £5.50
- Non-Guided £5.00
- 1 accompanying adult carer – free
To make a booking please call 0845 601 6679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we confirm your booking we will email you a confirmation letter and risk assessment.
We welcome 1 teacher per class on a free admission pre-visit to the zoo to plan for their trip. Please show your confirmation letter on arrival for the pre-visit.